11.01.2009

Dear US Government

2008 was a hard year for us. I was diagnosed with cancer in May of that year at a routine doctor appointment where I was hoping to be told that I could have surgery for my endometriosis and try for one more baby. God had a different plan. I went through the surgery, low iodine diet and R131 treatment while working fulltime, raising three kids, helping out as a cub scout den mother and church. A roller coaster like no other. As hard as things were, I was never alone. My husband that I love worked fulltime and an opposite schedule from me. We did this on purpose for three years so that our children were never without a parent at home or placed in daycare. It saved us money and helped build that foundation that our kids needed; to know that they are loved and that they come first. But living like this began to take a toll on our marriage. I never saw my husband that I love.

My husband that I love had a job that would take him nowhere. He knew it. I knew it. As hard as it was to leave the state we knew that there was something better around the corner. We moved the weekend that the world of employment froze and stood still. October 2008 when the Auto Industry began to dissolve and requested money for a bailout. So did the Banking Industry and the Insurance Industry.

We took our savings and moved across the stateline to a less expensive city with a larger population. There were bound to be opportunities around the corner. At least I knew that I had a part time job waiting for me. We could get by for a couple of months.

Dear US Government,

I am in need of a bailout. I'm not in the auto industry but I do own two vehicles. Could you send and extra 50K my way? My cancer bills have piled up, my $400 utility bill is due and kids 1,2 and 3 need winter clothes. I could also pay off my van and buy a house with a downpayment. We've never owned a home before. I wonder what it feels like. I promise I will use it to better the lives of my husband and children that will grow up to be productive members of society. We have fallen on hard times and just need an extra boost to keep our family afloat.

Sincerely,

Penny