Mine is not the place to criticize, question or judge others. I know perfectly well how that feels. I have seen it on many levels. Friends that look the part of middle class society, yet, they struggle making a house payment. I also know people that are extremely frugal and probably don't have the newest clothes or technology but they live within their means.
It is what I am learning to do the hard way; living within my means, that is.
Also, people say things that they don't mean. Often, we say things and don't realize that there are real personal struggles going on that we had no idea existed - and this relates to all areas of life including financial, medical, personal, etc. This is one of the reasons that I chose to "withdrawl from society". It is much easier to not go to a Pampered Chef party than it is 1) answer questions like, "So, how's the job search going?" and listening to comments like, "Hang in there. Something's bound to come along." and 2) I had $10 in my pocket. I needed toilet paper and toothpaste more than the cute scrubby thing that would make kitchen clean up much easier.