11.02.2009

Shopping

I walked into the store one day last spring. Three pairs of jeans that I had were all wearing out. All right, let me be honest, the seams were ripping! I knew I could get a pair for about $15.

I hate shopping.
Consumers are suckers.

We are told:

We NEED this! 

These accessories MAKE the person!

Buy one get one 1/2 price!

Act now! 

Blah, Blah, Blah. With my blinders on, I walked over to the jeans, picked out a pair in my size and was thrilled to find that they were on sale. I didn't buy two pair. I got by with the one pair that originally went in to get. I saved the $4 and gave it to husband that I love. The sole of his shoe is wearing through and he needs a new pair of shoes.

And I have a really hard time feeling sorry for consumers that buy, buy, buy on credit and then file for bankruptcy. I know someone that did this. It's wrong and unethical. I would love to have enough money, in my hand, to physically buy what my family needed.

I imagine that the feeling of not using credit and knowing that what I bought was free and clear would be an amazing thing!

And this is what I do: provide what I can, when I can with what I have. I had $15 and bought a pair of jeans for $11. The leftover $4 went to my husband that I love's shoes. A simple story problem that Kid 2 probably had in math this year.

I hear that Credit Card companies are now needing a bailout. Hmm, wonder why?