I write this post as a drool over the wish list in my head. I get paid today and the money is all spoken for. As much as I wish I could pay everyone I owe something, I've had to pick and choose. Today, it's the phone bill and car payment. Hopefully I'll have an extra $20 to put down on the layaway that I have at Kmart. (It's the only way I can afford Christmas this year.)
So, like the Bare Naked Ladies sing...If I Had a Million Dollars...
I would pay my tithing and fast offerings.
I'd pay off all my debt and invest with a financial advisor.
I'd buy a house under $200,000 with cash so I'd never have a housepayment.
I'd replace our vehicles with new ones and once again, have no car payment.
I'd love to travel to Germany and retrace the steps of my ancestors. I am a genealogist and want to explore my roots in depth, not just from the books I've read and the research I've done.
I would update our desktop computer and buy a laptop for myself and husband that I love. We are writers and need the independence of writing when we think of things. Besides, kids 1 and 2 are always on the desktop for school projects.
I'd take my family to Hawaii. We planned a family vacation but my illness took over so we never went.